Become a Grapepedia retailer

Mauzac

Mauzac
Mauzac is an ancient pale-skinned white wine grape variety found throughout the south-west wine areas of France. Nowadays Mauzac is mainly grown in the Toulouse wine area, as well in Limoux in Languedoc wine region and Gaillac. It produces refined aromatic wines which are normally blended, with Len de l’El and Muscadelle in Gaillac and with Chenin Blanc and Chardonnay in Limoux. In Limoux, Mauzac is an obligatory part of the Blanquette de Limoux and it must be minimum of 90 per cent of the blend, where the other 10 per cent can be taken from Chenin Blanc and Chardonnay. Typical characteristics of the grape are aromas of white acacia flowers, with crisp pear and apple notes on the palate and in the finish. The sparkling wines of Limoux are one of the finest examples in France, overshadowed by Champagne.

Get in touch

Share with us your favorites if you haven't found them yet, help us

App Phone
Wines, grapes and just about everything wine, the only app you will ever need

Download the app now

Cross

Please wait..